This simple and nourishing recipe was created by Brooke Gould from Love Ya Guts.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1kg Lean Lamb Mince
250ml Beef or Chicken Bone Broth
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 large brown onion, finely diced
200 g sliced mushrooms
2 stalks celery, finely diced
2 carrots, finely diced
1 birds eye chilli, diced
3 tbl tomato paste
1 tbl freshly chopped thyme
½ cup red wine
2 bay leaves
1kg sweet potato, cut into cubes for steaming
1 large handful parmesan cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a frying pan add olive oil and fry off the garlic, onion, mushrooms, celery, carrot and chilli. Add the Lamb Mince and cook until fully cooked through. Add the tomato paste, thyme, wine, stock/broth and bay leaves and simmer for approximately 15 minutes while you mash the potato and pumpkin mash.
3. Steam or boil the sweet potato until tender. Transfer to a pot and add a tablespoon of butter, salt and pepper and mash with a fork or potato masher.
4. Add the lamb and vegetable mixture into an oven proof dish. Spoon over the mashed sweet potato and pumpkin and sprinkle the parmesan on top.
5. Place the oven grill on and grill for 10 minutes until crispy.
This meal is a crowd pleaser!
Not only is it super simple to make (even I can nail it) and nutririous, it's also full of delicious flavour - lamb + bone broth is amazing!!
Where do you find more simple and nutritious recipes like this?
Fortunately for us, Brooke has collated all the incredible recipes she uses to nourish her family in one easy to use Ebook.
Cooking nutritious food at home is the easiest way to eat healthy more often and save a heap of money!
You can purchase Brooke's Recipe Ebook here: https://www.loveyagutsbox.com/products/love-ya-guts-recipe-ebook