You don't need to head out to enjoy perfect pork belly.
One of the hidden benefits is you can source the pork yourself ensuring it's free range, hormone free and fresh!
Here's my super simple pork belly recipe:
1. Purchase 2kgs of premium pork belly from McKenzie's Meats.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
3. Pat dry the pork belly using a paper towel or a clean tea towel.
4. Rub some salt into the pork belly skin. I like to cut some cross-cuts into the skin creating grooves for the salt and making it easier to dice up once cooked.
5. Place pork belly in a baking dish (I place it on baking paper because it's way easier to clean).
6. Cook for around 50mins or until the meat looks a very light pink.
7. Remove pork belly from the oven and crank the temperature to 240degrees.
8. Once the oven is at 240 degrees, bake for another 30 mins or until the skin is bubbling and crispy.
And there you have it, the best pork belly ever from the comfort of home!