McKenzie’s Meats Chilli Con Carne Recipe
Chilli con carne is one of the easiest and most delicious meals ever.
It is so simple, 10 mins prep, 20 mins cooking and you've created an absolute crowd-pleaser.
And, when you use quality mince, it is highly nutritious.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1KG McKenzie’s Meats beef mince
- Mexican seasoning (make sure it contains no nasties like preservatives or flavours)
- Sour cream
- Tasty cheese
- 1 x ripe avocado
- Quality salt
Follow these steps:
1. Mix beef mince with Mexican seasoning in a bowl.
2. Melt butter in a sturdy pot or pan (preferably cast iron) and add the beef.
3. Stir beef, separating it so it doesn’t clump together. Cook until brown.
4. Mash avocado with a fork in a bowl (add a little olive oil and salt).
5. Grate cheese.
6. To serve, scoop the meat into a bowl, add cheese on top, avocado on the side and a big dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle some salt over everything.
Et voila, there you have a delicious and healthy chilli con carne!