I recently sat down with Dietitian Jessica Turton to discuss all things nutrition.
Jess works with Dr. Pran Yoganathan at the Centre for Gastrointestinal Health.
I reached out to her because she made this awesome graphic:
As they say, a picture says 1,000 words.
Jess helps her patients overcome Type 2 Diabetes, IBD, PCOS and more.
Her insights into nutrition aren't only useful for those who are unwell, they can also be applied to those looking to optimise their diet further.
Here are 5 key points from Jess:
1. If you're low on energy you need to consume more energy (sounds obvious I know but lots of people don't make this simple connection).
2. Meat is the most nutrient dense food on the planet.
3. If you're ageing (we all are), you need MORE protein as you get older.
4. You should be burning fat for energy not carbohydrates for long lasting energy without spikes or slumps.
5. If you want lasting energy all day long eat protein and fat for breakfast.
The full conversation is now live on YouTube, click below: