I was lucky enough to sit down and chat with Dr. Pran Yoganathan this week about his views on nutrition and health.
Dr Yoganathan is a Gastroenterologist based here in Sydney. He aims to empower his patients to embark on a journey of self-healing using the philosophy of “let food be thy medicine”.
Dr. Yoganathan is popular voice in the keto and carnivore communities leveraging his Medical knowledge to communicate the benefits of a low-carb / meat-based diet for optimising your health.
"Our modern lifestyles, in particular diet, of course contributes significantly to the burden of illness".
I recommend you follow Dr. Yoganathan on Instagram as he shares his pearls of wisdom daily: https://www.instagram.com/dr_pran_yoganathan/
In this conversation I avoid delving into Medical jargon and aim to uncover some actionable insights we can all benefit from.
- The Australian Gov't Dietary Guidelines and why they're not designed to help a nation that is already sick.
- The importance of looking for 'root cause' when alleviating medical conditions
- Why eating a 'nutrient rich' diet is optimal for our health
- The link (or lack thereof) between red meat and bowel cancer
- What Dr. Yoganathan eats in a day
I hope you get as much out of this conversation as I did.